Welcome to my digital home.
I’m a European with an interest in organisational behaviour and a passion for yarn crafts. I also have a popcorn machine brain and so am always working on something. You can find about all of these on this site.
I have studied, worked for, written about and researched the European Union. And gone on a game show.
I’ve been knitting since I was 8 and have recently taught myself to crochet.
My masters thesis was on networks within organisations and I’m fascinated by how work works.
This is a selection of the mad things I get up to when I’m not working.
Musings on things that don’t fit elsewhere. Mainly dogs.
- How (not) to buy a car in BelgiumWhen buying a car takes six weeks and several major fights with different bits of the Belgian bureaucracy.
- An amazing month of sportJuly has been a month with lots of sporting activity. It’s reminded me to think about what success is in the broadest possible sense.
- Going beyond the interviewIn among all of the other craziness of recent weeks, I’ve also had to recruit to a vacancy in theContinue reading “Going beyond the interview”
- Australia’s battles on climate changeThe results of this weekend’s elections in Australia are open the door at last to real action on climate.
- Housing first: Melbourne – BrusselsRenting again in Brussels after 8 years in Mlebourne has got me thinking about the challenges Australia faces around housing affordability.