I mentioned the quiz yesterday. Fancy a shot yourself?
1) What is the source of the EU anthem?
a) Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony
b) Mozart’s Magic Flute
c) Berlioz’s Symphonie fantastique
2) How many stars does the EU flag have?
a) 6 – representing the founding members
b) 12 – traditionally the symbol of perfection, completeness and unity
c) 27 – one for each member state
3) What do you see on each of the 7 different Euro notes?
a) Presidents and kings
b) Famous poets and composers
c) Bridges and windows
4) Which one of the following words originates from the Czech language?
5) The EU has declared 2008 the European Year of…?
a) Intercultural Dialogue
c) Equal Opportunities for All
Published by Antonia
I'm a British citizen and European Union offical, who lives in Brussels again after 6 years in London and 8 in Melbourne.
I went to the London School of Economics and University of Melbourne. In 2008 I took part in the Eisenhower Fellowship Multination Programme, the subject of 3 of my blogs.
You can find me on Twitter as @antoniam or on Mastodon as @firstname.lastname@example.org
View more posts